Monday, September 6, 2010

Review: Once Upon A Time In Mumbai


I finally got the chance to sit down and watch this movie last week. And I have to say, it was an ok movie and I'm glad I watched it at home vs in the theatre. I wanted to see the movie based on the trailers and because of one really good song, 'Pee Loo.'

The movie is basically about two gangsters and the rise of the underworld, all seen through the eyes of a police officer.

The movie is set in the 70's and definately has the look and feel of the movies from back then. Not to mention the same "cliche" dialogue that was also used back then. But nonetheless, the actors did a superb job in playing out their roles. Ajay Devgan definately shows his acting skills as Sultan Mirza. My favorite part definately has to be when he woo's the famous Actress Rehaana, played by Kangana Ranaut.



Kangana plays a "famous 70's film actress" and looks gorgeous doing so. Her sari's, makeup and hair all definately played the part. But I still cant get over her plastic surgery. I thought maybe I'll see past it in a movie but I just couldnt stop staring at her big fat injected lips. WHYYY Kangana!? WHY!? Your such a gorgeous girl, you didnt have to do any of that to yourself!



But anyways, moving on! That leaves me to Emraan Hashmi and Prachi Desai. I have watched all of Emraan Hashmi's movies and I guess I can call myself a fan of him. I think he's an outstanding actor and does different kinds of films. Ones I can find myself watching more than once (besides this one). He played out his role effortlessly in this film. Prachi Desai also does really good as an up and coming actress. I used to watch her in the Zee TV drama serial 'Kasam Se,' so I'm already a fan of her acting.


All in all this movie was a good time pass movie for my husband and me. He's usually the one to like the "gangster" or "underworld" type of movies, but this one deifnately didnt hit the spot for him. Would we watch this movie again if it was on t.v. --probably not.

I give this movie a 3 out of 5.

Have you seen this movie? What are your takes on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment